Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Week: Bring Home the Bacon!


If a million years from now a future race finds nothing left but catalogs, what would they deduce about our civilization? What would they think of beings who invented Bacon Soap? I stumbled upon an online site aptly named Perpetual Kid, and it instantly became one of my favorites. Browsing it is sheer hilarity, and I bet you end up finding something you can't resist. Often I wonder who would use these things. Bacon Soap, for example. Oooh. Oooh. I know! How about a guy trying to impress a girl whose dog doesn't like him? Unless her pooch is a pitbull, this could work. 

Their Waffles and Syrup Soap is something I would buy. Who wouldn't want to smell like waffles, butter and syrup? A humane solution if you need to wash your kid's mouth out with soap...and an adorable gift for foodies. Perpetual Kid has a selection of sillly, succulent soaps including Hot Dog & Bun and a Double Stack of Blueberry Pancakes. Prices range from $3.99-$6.99.


Who knew bandages could be a creative gift idea? Perpetual Kid has everything from Pickle Bandages to Sushi Bandages to Bacon and Egg Bandages. Why not put a sunny-side egg on a scraped knee?! And there are the ever so sweet Boo-Boo Kisses Bandages. Awwww.
 
The goofiest (and maybe most practical) gift item on Perpetual Kid is their "Anti-Theft" Plastic Lunch Bags. Don't you hate it when you pack a sandwich, stash it in the company fridge and have it snatched by a nefarious co-worker? Well, fear no more! Just pack your sandwich inside one of these plastic bags, and it will be disguised as a moldy gross sandwich. (Who came up with this?!) 25 anti-theft bags: $9.99.


DIVA UPDATE
All my friends who use bar soap LOVE the Absorbent Soap Dishes from The Discount Cupboard. Only $2.99 each, these are made of a stone that sucks up the glop from bar soap and makes the bar last forever. The Diva uses them for her Dove Soap, and it lasts for months. And it's good for the environment to use bar soap rather than the liquid that comes in plastic bottles! Holiday gift basket idea: get some Blueberry Stack Pancake soap from Perpetual Kid and pair it with an absorbent soap dish from The Discount Cupboard!

2 comments:

  1. I love this catalogue! I'm ordering the waffle soap and as soon as they offer chicken soup/matzo ball soap I'll get one for Shabbat. And those lip bandaids. . . who wouldn't want to kiss a boo-boo on your grandchild!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get the bacon soap for my son the bacon addict. I wish someone had thought of the anti-theft bags while I was working. They could have made a fortune from my office alone.

    ReplyDelete