Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic Bloggers

I have to admit it. There are people who are more clever, witty and creative than I am. A few. And one of them is Jessica Bern, a single parent who has been blogging, doing one-woman shows, creating videos and making me laugh for several years. Her website, BernThis, has this as a subtitle: Read this blog and I promise you won't have to meet my family. Inspired! And this week she has added hilarity to the Olympics by creating her own Olympic events. Please take a moment and watch this:


Jessica has inspired me to invent and win my own Olympic event: THE BATTLE OF THE 1/2 PRICE VALENTINE CANDY. Those of you who follow my blog know I have already begun to cross-train for this event by abstaining from cake. Usually, every February 15, I head to the closest drug store, get a cart and start down the 1/2 price candy aisle. The first to jump me are usually the Junior Mints and the Hershey mini bars. They wrestle me to the ground. Then dark chocolate cherries catapult into the cart followed by anything with the name Ghiradelli on it.

But this week I did it! I did NOT go to the drugstore. I actually ate an apple. An apple! OMG. I am giving myself the GOLD. If Bob Costas interviews me, I can look him in those big brown eyes and truthfully say that I did not inject myself with processed sugar on February 15!

Today I went in for a prescription and held my breath as I took a cautious sideway glance at the demonic aisle. Everything was already gone. I did it! I won! Time to train for the 1/2 PRICE "PEEPS" POST EASTER EVENT. I can do it! USA! USA! 

Please add your own Olympic events in the comments below! And do yourself a favor by subscribing to http://www.bernthis.com/.

3 comments:

  1. seriously, THAT is gold medal stuff right there. An apple? Really? Props to you lady. (and thank you for the mention. Much appreciated)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I see you up on the middle high landing with the Gold around your neck(s)(opps,sorry) and they're playing the song:
    "God Bless Amerikaner".
    Seriously, that blog was the funniest one ever...you should send it to Bob!It's a real "Bob Blog"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. If avoiding temptation on Valentine's Day left over candy were an Olympic event, or even a contest, you'd be the winner hands down. But the real question is: what do you do with the leftover Halloween candy? Now this I can relate to.
    S

    ReplyDelete