Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ay, Caramba! Where's the Cake?

I am back to my weight B.C. -- Before Cake. Back to eating fresh fruits and vegetables, watching salt intake, wearing my pedometer and yada, yada, yada. The first week I lost 3.5 pounds, a big victory for me. I almost ate cake to celebrate! Then I lost another pound this week. My husband, on the "program" with me, lost FIVE. Damn it! Why do men always lose so fast? Yeah, I know, it's the muscle mass thing, but it's so irritating!

We did successfully return the calorie calculator. Now I am itching to buy something else. Like a talking scale. Wouldn't that be fun? They even have one that says things like, "It's a good thing I can talk, 'cause you probably can't see me" or "Is somebody else on here with you?" Nah. An insulting scale would get old pretty fast. Besides I am not so shallow that I want to obsess about numbers. Oh, no. I'm in it for health, longevity and so if a policeman ever stops me, he won't think I am driving with someone else's license.

However, I did find a nifty and chic item, available on Amazon. This Talking English/Spanish Bathroom Scale American says your weight in Spanish or English. I like this idea. I could get my weight and a Spanish lesson at the same time. Improve my body and my mind; nothing shallow in that. And I am sure whatever my weight is, it would sound better in another language.

My husband still keeps one recording of a message I left on his cell phone. It was a day during the summer when I was going crazy on a writing deadline. All you hear is me screaming, "CAKE! I NEED CAKE!" Maybe it isn't as scandalous as the messages left by Tiger Wood's mistress, but it is definitely one of those moments when my true self was revealed. 

Okay, so I probably won't buy the scale. As long as I don't buy cake, I'm good for another day. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm watching for a snow dome with a piece of cake in it for you.....

    ReplyDelete