Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


Erik and I have been married 30 years, and we are rarely apart. This week, however, the high school where he teaches technology sent him on a rare two-day trip to Phoenix. The reason: the school has purchased a laser engraving system so they can make their own plaques, trophies, etc. They sent Erik and the shop industrial arts teacher to train them on using the system. I love my husband, and I love what he made me for Valentine's Day. You can't find it in a catalog. You will note that he engraved some of my favorite sayings, a vase that says "Happy Valentine's Day, Susan 2010" (which is already filled with daffodils blooming in my garden right now)! The tote bag says "Susan loves Erik" over "Erik loves Susan." (Well, he does teach high school...) And last but not least, the mug holder with my mug on it! He also brought me a necklace, but that's going back. He isn't as talented in picking out jewelry as he is in shop industrial arts. But that's okay. He's a real gem and the only one I need. Happy Love Day all! If you can't be with the one you love...you know the rest.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great "Love Day" and you heard from you love kids and got a big Valentine Kiss from the Big Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in that picture with all those presents.

    Those Amerikaner men are good guys - Thanks for giving me one of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are one lucky woman. I love the "you were right, as usual". well put and veyr true

    ReplyDelete