Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Book of Why


Being a children's writer, I often find great "why" books. It's always fun to find good books with simple explanations to the infinite mysteries of childhood such as: Why do I sneeze?  Why is the sky blue? Why do worms come out when it rains? Why do stars twinkle? I often find these question books in catalogs. This is a great one I just ordered from Amazon.

I wish I had time to write a question/answer book for kids my age. I have plenty of questions, but no decent answers. Don't you ever wonder:

  • Why do eyebrows go gray first?
  • Why is it always a mistake to switch to the short check-out line?
  • Why does it hurt so much when the clerk calls you "M'am?"
  • When did you first notice the backs of your elbows resemble elephant skin?
  • What made you think you would enjoy your high school reunion?
  • Why do young, hunky men have no interest in you unless you are in cardiac arrest?
  • Why don't you have the guts to ask the foreign manicurists what they are laughing at?
  • Why would Jamie Lee Curtis need to eat yogurt to have a B.M.?
  • What are the odds of you making it to the Smuckers jar on the Today Show? (Would these odds improve if you ate that yogurt?)
Please send me your own queries. Maybe we can do a book... Why not?



5 comments:

  1. Those questions are all great - but where are the answers? THAT'S a book I'd buy!

    It can't be good that you might have just inspired me to go into cardiac arrest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not write that "Why book" for adults?? That's my question. Put the questions out there and I bet you will get some interesting answers.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the questions you have are a great start . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the blog and I totally agree. The journey through this thing we call life provides a neverending multitude of "Why's" that never have an answer. i.e. Why are some thunbs so perfect and then others......well you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay here goes:

    Why am I still single?
    Why is my ex MIL still living?
    Why do have to shave my legs STILL?!

    If you know these answers, for the love God, write me.

    This is a great post Susan. Love it.

    ReplyDelete